Saturday, June 23, 2007

Amazed Again.......


One thing of the many things that always amazes me about the people of Haiti is their brilliant talent to paint. The detail, the depth, the beauty that they convey through their art leaves me breathless and teary eyed at times.... and this week was one of those amazing moments. My beautiful and creative wife had planned a surprise for me for fathers day. While on here trip to Haiti in April she had commissioned a painting be done of Jonas based on a photo I had taken of him in December when I was there. Words can't begin to express all the emotion that I had when I received this brilliant painting of my son, and the thoughtfulness and love of my wife. So I had to share it with you all. The original photo, and the beautiful watercolor painting created through the eyes of a Haitian boy by the name of Emilson. Thank you for giving of your time and gift, and Thank you to all who help make this possible You truly are a blessing to us!!




7 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

You are welcome. It was my pleasure to give you such a surprise! I love you and you are an amazing dad.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

What an amazing and incredible treasure!!! I LOVE the painting! You got yourself a pretty amazing wife! :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Very cool!! Bravo Emilson!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger angela said...

i'm sooooooooo glad it finally got to you! he went all through texas and louisiana, by the way! and to florida! he's a traveller, that boy!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

I'm a bit slow, it just dawned on me there are 3 angels...duh...Three Angels orphange!!!!
Geeze, I can be slow sometimes!
:)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

I love it! What a treasure!

12:33 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Have you ever seen the work of Claude Drambruile (SP?)... hold, I'll google...

http://www.galleryofwestindianart.com/haitianthumbnails.htm

I have some artwork from some Haitiian artists, and can share some photos if you like. email me at manicmommy@comcast.net and I can send. I found you from your wife who I found from Dawn. Happy birthday!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home