Monday, January 01, 2007

Email From A Friend....


I received the following in a email from Elias (You-You's Brother) and it really meant a great deal to me, so I thought I'd share it. I added a picture I took while I was in Haiti that I started calling "Dreaming of Home" before I ever left.......I keep telling myself it won't be long now.
Thanks E!!!!

I was reading your wife's blog and I remembered this story. I don't think I've ever told it to you:I believe it was after you left that we started decorating forChristmas. There were a few boxes of green and red plastic ballssitting on top of the piano and earlier in the day some of the kids(Jonas included) had tried to climb up and grab them and play withthem. They were told the balls were not for playing with.
Later on I was downstairs again and Jonas was crying and pointing toward theboxes of balls on top of the piano and I told him, "No, Jonas, youcan't have those." But...well first of all he didn't understand me:)...but he insisted and went over there himself and climbed up. Iwas about to pull him down and tell him "No" again when I realized hewasn't headed for the balls.
On top of the boxes of balls was thelaminated sheet of pictures of your family. That's what he was after.Crying, he picked it up and brought it over to me to show me. I, ofcourse, changed my attitude from one of "about to discipline" to "inawe of the understanding this kid has about who his family will soon be" and how he missed you and treasured this, now bent and worn,picture of his family whom he will soon be with. What a great kid.
Thought you might want to hear that.
Elias

5 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

i have a great brother! and you have a great kid!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Amen to both!!!!

It sounds like I need to make a new picture page???

Antway I could get a picture of Jonas with his picture page You You?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Bethany's Adventure said...

Jonas is amazing. I can't wait to go back and see him again. Febuary 2 can not get here soon enough.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

every time i remember when Jonas did that I'm amazed of the quick bond these kids make with their forever families. it's incredible and so exciting.

well, that picture page has just been well-loved. though i would say that it needs some replastification.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, plastification! What an amazing tool to have! I too would recommend replastification as it has seen some better days.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home