Monday, December 18, 2006

Before the sunrise


Most people start a story at the beginning, but those of you who know me know I very rarely do anything the way I am supposed to "so sayth the world" so why would my journey to Haiti stories be any diffenent. So this one begins where I will call the morning after arrival, and will be titled...Before the sunrise.

"Papa" I hear this little voice say. At that moment I look over the edge of the top bunk to the floor below.
"Papa come on" the little voice says again as I climb down from the bunk and take his little hand as he leads me out the door to the sitting area just outside the room we stayed in.
"Papa come on" he said again as he lead me to the couch. As I sit he climbs up and lays partly on my lap. I rub his belly as he smiles up at me. He wiggles and rolls over. I rub his back.
He gets up. Takes two steps. "Papa come on" he says again. "No Papa stay here" I reply back.
He climbs back p on the couch lays on his belly and pulls up the back of his Scooby Doo PJ top to let me know he wanted his back rubbed again. As I sit rubbing his back I hear that little voice again. So soft and quiet I have to lean down to hear it clearly. "Papa Jo Jo" he is saying over and over as I rub his back.
What an amazing moment that was. To have that quiet and completely amazing moment with my son. This became our morning ritual for the next four days...before the sunrise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Amazing!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

I am sooooo glad God gave you the miracle of meeting our son!
I love you!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Elias said...

wow...great post.

6:34 PM  
Blogger angela said...

yeah, so this was like the best story ever! i teared up when you told me that morning, but it's still having effect now! praise God!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home