Monday, December 25, 2006

Joyeux Noel !


Happy Birthday Jesus!...... Merry Christmas everyone!
Today I know will be an amazing day. Full of beautiful memories, and I know, since they have already started, many tears. It seems as though everything is reminding me of my "Little Man" today. It started with a gift I received from my girls and Jo-Jo that my Mom had gotten for them to give to me. As most of your know Jonas's bedroom is going to be Snoopy. His bedding came this week all decked out in blue, yellow, and white with a big Snoopy dressed as Joe Cool. Anyway back to the gift. It was a tee shirt and lounge pants all blue with Joe Cool all over. Needless to say I cried, and cried. I just sat there and hugged them as though he was right there in my arms. I miss him desperately today. I picked up his Santa hat eariler and cried again.
God is so amazing how long before the begining of time he placed in my heart a love so big that I just feel like I could explode. I praise my Savior today that this will be the first, and last Christmas that WE (the Evansville Haiti Crew) will spend without our kids.

I have to share with you a Christmas card that Lillie made at school for Kristina and I. It read as follows:

Dear Mom and Dad,

You have been a good mom and dad. When you told me you were adopting Jonas I was so happy. I'm glad that daddy got to see Jonas. Thank you for pushing me on the swing. I like snuggling with you after we pray.

Love,
Lillie 2006

and yes...I cried when I read it and again just now as I shared it with you. We are so blessed with three beautiful daughters. They amaze me everyday with their hearts, and their love for people. I can wait until we can all go to Haiti together.

Let today be a day filled with the Joy of Christ. Let us always look for the brilliance of Christ in all things, especially in the midst of the world we live.

So from katouche and his sisters along with Kristina and I...........lots of Love!

3 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

dangit, todd! i just shaved and now i have goosebumps all up and down my legs! great post! well, next Christ-mas will be one for the books in evansville, eh? i mean, they'll ALL be home!


(tell, kristina i'm wearing those fabulous pants again!)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Glad you liked the pants! I added to my blog too after your request!

And babe, Merry Christmas PaPa JoJo!
I love you!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great post, Todd! I can't wait for next years joyeux noel!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home